If Auto-capping is enabled all events will be capped at the nearest multiple of the number of lanes available at your venue at close of the Standard Registration period. This allows you to accept additional entries without the risk of a creating new heats. You will need to configure a late registration period during which coaches can submit entries into an open event or join a waitlist, if an event is full.
Follow these steps to enable auto-capping for your regatta:
- Log in to your account and navigate to the Overview page of your regatta
- Click the bottom Edit tab
- In the Auto-Capping section in the bottom right-hand corner of the page select the number of lanes at your venue
- This will be used as the multiplier. For example, if an event has 12 entries at the time of standard registration deadline, and you had selected '6 lanes' in the drop down menu then the event would be capped at 12 entries and a waitlist would be opened. If '7 lanes' had been selected then the event would be capped at 14 entries and 2 additional entries would be allowed.
- Click the Update button
- Navigate to the Dates & Deadlines section and make sure that you have set a late registration period. Instructions on setting deadlines can be found here
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (614) 360-2922